Dating fender guitar amps
Kauffman left K&F in early 1946 and Leo Fender took over.
Leo then formed the Fender Electric Instrument Company in 1946, located on South Pomona Avenue in Fullerton, California.
In addition to service work, Leo's Fender Radio Service store soon became a general electronics retail outlet.
As a teenager he developed an interest in electronics, and soon was building and repairing radios for fellow classmates.The Reverb Unit, Twin Reverb, and the Showman debuted in the early '60s.By 1964, Fender's line of products included electric guitars, basses, steel guitars, effects units, acoustic guitars, electric pianos, and a variety of accessories.Leo Fender was kept on as a special consultant for five years, and then left when the contract was up in 1970.Due to a ten year no compete clause, the next Leo Fender designed guitars or amplifiers did not show up in the music industry until 1976 (Music Man).